Wednesday, April 26, 2017

An art journal page using Jane Davenport's face stamp

Can't draw faces the way you'd like?  As you know I love face stencils but have you seen Jane Davenport's large face stamp?  It's addictive and actually very versatile.  I used it in my art journal, the large Dyan Reaveley one, because the pages in that journal can withstand a lot of water.  The face is stamped with StazOn ink and then colored in with watercolor pens.  The words written on the page are the lyrics from the song "Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful".  There is generally music blasting in my studio while I work and this song inspired the pages.  If you have difficulty writing something in an art journal lyrics are always an option.


I have a color challenge to work on right now so there are magenta colored projects all around me.  Her hair and lips were trials of pigment inks blended together searching for just the right shade.  Black Gelatos provided the shading around the face.  I hope you like her.  That stamp can be found at Michael's along with Jane's other magical products.

Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate your visits!  Hugs ~ Renee

submitted to Craft Stamper Magazine/Take it Make it ~ April theme "Anything Goes"
Stamps featured:  Jane Davenport's large face stamp
swirls in hair:  Joy Clair "Hugs and Smiles"

2 comments:

  1. She is Fabulous Renee! Of course I love her! Love her wild curls and her wild colors- she is my kinda gal!!
    That is a great idea about using the lyrics!
    hugs,Jackie
    ps...you always make my day- you really do! <3

    ReplyDelete